When I started on my minimalism journey, I got a lot of inspiration from from reading about the journey of others through blogs and there was never enough for me! Blogs on minimalism and decluttering seemed few and far between. Since then, I’ve been on a bit of a blog hunt. 🙂
So, here are 10 encouraging blogs in no particular order:
1. Becoming Minimalist Joshua Becker was one of the first bloggers I kept an eye on consistently. The journey to minimalism with his family has always inspired me to keep going and that no matter how difficult the paring down was, it was worth it. A few of my favorite articles are: Don’t Just Declutter, De-own and Why Fewer Toys Will Benefit Your Kids
2. The Minimalists I love reading the essays from Josh and Ryan. My favorite of theirs is the entire story of their packing party and what they discovered along the way. Their 20/20 rule has been especially helpful as well.
3. Minimalist Mom Another Rachel, so of course I’m going to like her! I really enjoyed her clutter cleanse series. I also loved her honesty when she talked about no longer being a minimalist. I’m not an extreme minimalist myself. Minimalism looks different for each person, it’s a way of living and a mindset, it’s not based on exactly how much one owns.
5. Miss Minimalist I love reading the real life minimalist stories that Francine Jay shares of her readers. And oh how many times I went back to her blog to read her article about a minimal toybox and how we need to declutter our fantasy self.
6. Minimalist Baker John and Dana create such lovely dishes- all with 10 ingredients or less and prepared in less than 30 minutes. All their dishes are beautiful to browse through, and oh so yum: Pumpkin Maple Pecan Granola.
7. Zen Habits Leo Babauta is one of my favorite authors. I love that he has 6 kids, who are flourishing within a minimalist home. If you aren’t familiar with Zen Habits, learn more about Leo and read his popular posts here.
8. Slow Your Home I really enjoy reading Brooke’s articles and she walks through how to live simply and purposefully. Her current series, the A-Z of Simple Living is wonderful and you should also read 21 Quick Actions You Can Do Today to Simplify Your Life.
10. 365 Less Things Colleen has great decluttering missions that she posts on a regular basis and started her blog with the idea of getting rid of 365 things for the year. I know my yearly challenge (2015 in 2015) is a bit much for some people, so if you prefer a slower pace, check out her daily decluttering tasks.
Free Decluttering Chart!
Join over 33,203 subscribers and participate in the Yearly Decluttering Challenge: Declutter 2018 Items in 2018!