8 years ago, I came across a challenge and I’ve continued it every year since. Why? Well…
- I love charts.
- It keeps me accountable with how much is coming into my home and how much is going out.
We have 7 people living in this house currently and things come in frequently. To maintain the atmosphere that I desire, I have to keep things moving out.
The kids enjoy marking squares on our chart when they get rid of things. It’s motivation for them; which means it’s easier for them to let things go.
Last year over 12,551 people downloaded the 2015 in 2015 chart.
Are you ready to join them and purge 2016 things from your life this year?
Free Decluttering Chart!
Join over 33,203 subscribers and participate in the Yearly Decluttering Challenge: Declutter 2018 Items in 2018!
How to use the yearly decluttering chart:
- Each time you get rid of an item, put an “X” on a square (or black it out, depending on who’s helping check the boxes!!)
- The rules are your own: If you have a stack of magazines to get rid of, you may count it as one item, or you can count each magazine as an item. You may even guess the number! The point is just to get rid of it.
- Keep the chart on the front of the refrigerator or a cupboard where you can watch your progress and keep motivated.
- If you have children, get them involved! Let them mark the boxes. Use different colors for different family members so they can see how much they contributed!
- Plan out a celebration after each hundred is reached.