Is there such a thing as a completely clutter-free gift?
After you’ve completely pared down, have your home with only the essentials, and then comes an event in which either 1) people would like to give you a gift or 2) you would like to exchange gifts with your family. But, you don’t actually want things, right?!
Gifts are important, especially for those with the love-language of gifts. (The inside me is jumping up and down raising hands!)
As a minimalist, I don’t need anything, and to be honest, there isn’t a whole lot of things that I actually want, and so my friends, the dilemma is real.
But what can you give a person without actually giving a physical item that they will eventually wish they never got?
Completely clutter-free gift ideas:
It’s a good thing to look forward to special occasions. Anticipating something is one of life’s greatest joys. Think about the person you are giving to and look up events in your area that they would enjoy attending. Buy tickets or reserve seats and give them in a cute envelope.
- Sporting events
- Sip & Paint (there are many variations of this, from wine to coffee and all sorts of mediums: yarn, pottery, etc.)
- Movie tickets
- Comedy clubs
- Play or Broadway show
Think about things that get used up. This is going to vary from person to person, so spend some time thinking about what you know they enjoy.
- Fruit baskets
- Snack baskets
- Homemade foods
- Complete dinner kit
- Specialty ethnic food items
- Zipline Tour
- Skiing package
- Wine, beer or cider tasting
- Dinner cruise
- Spa (massage, pedicure, manicure, etc)
- Gift card to an interesting restaurant
Clutter-free stocking stuffers
- Gift cards to coffee places, restaurants or stores you know they frequent.
- Gift cards for interests – Amazon, Audible, iTunes, Netflix, etc.
- Small food or candy items
- Homemade coupons (Dinner’s on me, get out of chores for a day, car wash, etc)
- Write a note from the heart telling them what they mean to you.
For more gift suggestions:
- 18 Non-Clutter Gifts for Expectant Parents
- 18 Non-Toy Gifts for Toddlers
- 18 Non-Toy Gifts for Children
- 18 Clutter-Free Gift Ideas for Teens
- Unplugged Gifts For Teens And Adults
- 18 Clutter-Free Gifts for Women
- Gifts for the “Crunchy Mom” in Your Life
- 18 Clutter-Free Gifts for Men
- 18 Clutter-Free Gifts for Teachers
- 20 Homemade Gift Ideas
- Clutter-Free Stocking Stuffers
- 20 Meaningful Christmas Gifts That Don’t Break The Bank
- 11 Ways to Get Friends and Family on Board with the Limited Gifts Idea